Winnipeg, MB (January 21, 2014) — Jan Chappel, Senior Technical Specialist at the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) will be sharing their expertise and knowledge about mental health in the workplace at an upcoming conference held by Safety Services Manitoba (SSM).
- Event: Safety Services Manitoba 2014 SAFE Work Conference
- Location: Victoria Inn and Conference Centre, 1808 Wellington Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3H0G3
- Presentation: Turning Theory Into Practice: Mental Health at Work for Managers & Supervisors
- Speaker: Jan Chappel, Senior Technical Specialist, CCOHS Date: January 23, 2014
- Time: 10:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. CST
As a manager or supervisor, facing the complex issue of mental health in the workplace requires both knowledge and skill. As Senior Technical Specialist at CCOHS, Jan Chappel will discuss how the workplace can have a significant impact on an individual’s mental well-being, and how managers and supervisors can recognize the signs and symptoms of mental illness to better help their employees. Chappel will also discuss the importance of early intervention, promotion and solutions— including Canada’s voluntary standard -- CSA Z1003/BNQ 9700: Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace.