Saskatoon, SK (January 30, 2014) — Emma Nicolson, Occupational Health and Safety Specialist at the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) will be sharing her expertise and knowledge about mental health in the workplace at an upcoming conference held by the Saskatchewan Safety Council.
- Location: Prairieland Exhibition Park, 503 Ruth Street West, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Event: 41st Annual Industrial Safety Seminar
- Presentation: Mental Health at Work for Managers & Supervisors
- Speaker: Emma Nicolson, Occupational Health and Safety Specialist, CCOHS
- Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2014
- Time: 9:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. CST
As a manager or supervisor, facing the complex issue of mental health in the workplace requires both knowledge and skill. Emma Nicolson an Occupational Health and Safety Specialist at CCOHS, will discuss how the workplace can have a significant impact on a worker’s mental well-being, and how managers and supervisors can recognize the signs and symptoms of mental illness to better help their employees. Nicolson will also discuss the importance of early intervention, promotion and solutions— including Canada’s voluntary standard -- CSA Z1003/BNQ 9700: Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace.