November 2, 2017 – Hamilton, ON – Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
To help employers better understand the value of workplace wellness programs, the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) has launched the e-course, Business Case for Workplace Wellness. With many workers in Canada spending the majority of their waking hours at work each day, employers are starting to realize the importance of offering workplace wellness programs and the positive impact they can have. If the success of an organization depends heavily on the productivity of its workers, then it makes sense to ensure that the employees have a work environment that is healthy in which they can thrive.
Business Case for Workplace Wellness is a free, 30 minute e-course that provides business owners, managers, and supervisors with an introduction to establishing a workplace wellness program. The course strives to help participants better understand the benefits of having a workplace wellness program, and what the return on investment of these initiatives can be.
The e-course, Business Case for Workplace Wellness can be accessed from the CCOHS website: www.ccohs.ca/products/courses/wellness/.
“While a well thought out and executed workplace wellness program is a vital component to the success of an organization, knowing how to get started can be overwhelming. We hope this e-course helps and motivates people to take positive steps that lead to the creation of healthy workplaces and successful wellness programs.”
- Gareth Jones, Acting President and Chief Executive Officer at the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
- Healthy Workplaces Web Portal
- Comprehensive Workplace Health and Safety Program Fact Sheet
- Workplace Health and Well-being Promotion - Getting Started Fact Sheet
- Workplace Health and Well-being - Sample Program Elements Fact Sheet
- Workplace Health and Well-being - Sample Survey Fact Sheet