What equipment can be used to help with heavy objects?
Selecting the right equipment for the task minimizes handling.
- Use a pulley to eliminate manual lifting.
- Select multiple pulleys according to the weight of the object to be hoisted.
- Mount pulley on movable frame to lift and move heavy objects.
- Use a portable floor crane to lift and move heavy objects.
- Use lift tables to lift objects or to level work.
- Select the lift table according to the weight of the anticipated load.
- Use a portable conveyor to move materials.
- Use a combination of lift tables and rollers to move materials horizontally and vertically.
Document last updated on October 22, 2002
Copyright ©1997-2013 Canadian Centre for Occupational Health & Safety