OSH Answers Fact Sheets
Easy-to-read, question-and-answer fact sheets covering a wide range of workplace health and safety topics, from hazards to diseases to ergonomics to workplace promotion. MORE ABOUT >
What equipment can be used to help with heavy objects?
Selecting the right equipment for the task minimizes handling.
- Use a pulley to eliminate manual lifting.
- Select multiple pulleys according to the weight of the object to be hoisted.
- Mount pulley on movable frame to lift and move heavy objects.
- Use a portable floor crane to lift and move heavy objects.
- Use lifting magnets in combination with hoists where appropriate.
- Use lift tables to lift objects or to level work.
- Select the lift table according to the weight of the anticipated load.
- Use a portable conveyor to move materials.
- Use a combination of lift tables and rollers to move materials horizontally and vertically.
Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy, currency and completeness of the information, CCOHS does not guarantee, warrant, represent or undertake that the information provided is correct, accurate or current. CCOHS is not liable for any loss, claim, or demand arising directly or indirectly from any use or reliance upon the information.