|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
Hiring contractors is common practice nowadays, but are you clear on your responsibilities regarding their health and safety? This course is a basic overview of the health and safety issues involved when contracting work in Ontario. It provides a framework in which owners, employers, contractors, and workers can fulfill their responsibilities and ensure that contracted work is done safely and according to the legal requirements in Ontario.
Learn how to build health and safety into your contractor program and demonstrate due diligence by complying with requirements of Ontario's OHS Act and Regulations and incorporating best practices.
Developed by CCOHS in collaboration with WSPS, the course features case studies, review quizzes, "Ask a Question", and access to resources from CCOHS and WSPS. Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- Definitions & Legal Requirements
- Pre Contract Activities
- Contract Documentation
- Awarding a Contract
- Contractor Management & Compliance
- Contractor Evaluation
Upon completion of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the legal responsibilities of key participants in a contract
- Know what health and safety information should be included in a contract
- Understand the requirements for effective contractor management and compliance with OHS responsibilities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a contract
Average time to complete this course is 1 hour.
- Owners and employers in Ontario
- Contractors in Ontario
- Managers and supervisors in Ontario responsible for hiring contractors
- Joint health & safety committee members involved in contract development, or in developing a contractor health and safety program
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
Registration for this course is provided online, or by contacting Client Services or calling 1-800-668-4284.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
CCOHS and the Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) have partnered to develop online e-courses specific to Ontario workplaces. WSPS offers other training, products and related services. For more information, visit http://www.healthandsafetyontario.ca/WSPS/cp2/eLearning.aspx.
We partnered with VuBiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course. VuBiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interst to you. Read about them in the VuBiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.