|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
Employing contractors to work for you is a common practice today, but are you clear on your responsibilities regarding their health and safety? Owners, employers and contractors, involved in a contract have responsibilities to ensure that the work is done safely and according to the health and safety legislation in their jurisdiction.
This course is a basic overview of health and safety issues in contract work. It provides a framework in which owners, employers, and contractors can fulfill their responsibilities and get the work done safely. Although legislation may differ from one jurisdiction to another, the principles introduced in this course can help establish due diligence. Contractor Health and Safety identifies the elements of a contract safety program from start to finish. Quizzes, examples and case studies are used to help the learning process.
- Definitions & Legal Requirements
- Pre Contract Activities
- Contract Documentation
- Awarding a Contract
- Contract Management & Compliance
- Contract Evaluation
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the legal responsibilities of key participants in a contract
- Know what health and safety information should be included in a contract
- Understand the requirements for effective contract management and compliance with workplace health and safety responsibilities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a contract agreement
Average time to complete this course is approximately 1 hour.
- Owners and employers
- Managers and supervisors
- Joint Health & Safety Committee members involved in contract development, or in developing a contract health and safety program
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.