|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
Emergencies can occur at any time and while prevention is the key to avoiding emergencies, it's important that everyone at the workplace be prepared if, and when, they do occur. This course provides workers with a basic understanding of what is required to prepare for workplace emergencies, how they can be ready to respond as well as what they should know about their employer’s emergency response plan.
This introductory course is best supplemented with additional training on the specific emergency response plan at your workplace. Emergency Preparedness for Workers does not address community-wide emergencies not directly related to the workplace, including pandemic planning.
The course features case studies, review quizzes, and "Ask a Question". A final examination to measure learning is also included.
- Key Steps to Emergency Preparedness
- Rights and Responsibilities of Employers and Workers
- Identifying Potential Emergencies
- Activating the Response
- Evacuation and Assembly Procedures
- Emergency Response Details
- Training Requirements
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the key steps in pre-planning emergencies
- Identify potential emergencies in the workplace
- Explain roles in emergency planning and response.
Average time to complete this course is approximately 1 hour.
- Anyone working with an emergency response plan for their workplace
- Health & safety committee members making informed recommendations regarding their organization’s emergency response plans.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.