|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
Preparing for emergencies protects lives, property, and the future of your organization. It’s an important part of your workplace health and safety program. This introductory course provides guidance for developing and implementing a response plan for workplace emergencies (emergencies at - or affecting - your workplace, including off-site emergencies involving your organization’s staff). The course does not address community-wide emergencies (pandemic planning) not directly related to the workplace.
Emergency Response Planning features case studies, review quizzes, and "Ask a Question". A final examination is also included.
- The Key Steps to Emergency Preparedness
- Establishing the Planning Team
- Identifying Potential Emergencies and Assessing Risk
- Assessing Your Organization’s Emergency Response Capabilities
- Building the Emergency Response Plan
- Implementing the Plan: Preparing to Respond
- Evaluating Effectiveness and Continuous Improvement
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the key steps in emergency planning
- Identify and assess potential emergencies and their organization’s response capacity
- Create an emergency response plan outline
- Develop a process for continuous improvement of the plan
Average time to complete this course is approximately 1 hour.
- Anyone with responsibility for developing, implementing and maintaining emergency response plans
- Managers and administrators, making decisions about the need or the improvement of emergency response plans
- Health & safety committee members making informed recommendations regarding their organization’s emergency response plans
- Supervisors who may participate in emergency planning exercises
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.