|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
Injuries and illnesses occur in offices just as in industrial or other workplace environments, and they can be every bit as painful and costly. This course is a practical introduction to office health and safety for managers and supervisors, who are responsible for providing a safe and healthy workplace for their staff. Learn about the potential hazards and health and safety concerns in the office and how to prevent them. The range of topics covered includes ergonomics, stress, lighting, indoor air quality, slips, trips and falls, and WHMIS.
- General office safety including slips, trips and falls, fire evacuation, and WHMIS (chemicals)
- Office ergonomics
- Indoor air quality, lighting, noise, and temperature
- Other workplace issues such as stress, violence, driving, travel, etc.
- Return to work
- Exercising due diligence
Upon completion of this course, the participant will:
- Know and understand their health and safety responsibilities
- Know what occupational health and safety (OHS) legislation applies to them
- Show leadership for health and safety issues
- Be able to identify hazards and help resolve issues
- Be able to show "due diligence"
Average time to complete this course is approximately 1 hour.
- Office Managers and supervisors
- HR professionals will also find the course helpful
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.