|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
This popular course provides managers and supervisors with the information they need to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses, and to develop a safety culture in the workplace.
- Safety principles and risk management
- Rights and responsibilities of managers, supervisors and workers
- Hazard recognition and control measures
- Fire prevention and emergency preparedness
- Hazards and control measures for chemical, physical and biological hazards
- Ergonomics — practices to prevent musculoskeletal disorders
- Workplace inspection and accident investigation
- Developing and implementing effective workplace programs
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Find applicable OH&S legislation
- Know your health and safety responsibilities
- Determine ways of meeting your OH&S responsibilities
- Identify hazards and develop safe work practices
- Take leadership in developing and implementing an OH&S program
- Understand consequences of non-compliance
- Exercise due diligence
- Occupational health nurses
- Anyone who wants to understand and improve workplace health and safety
Prior technical knowledge of health and safety is not a requirement. However, familiarity with workplace processes and practices is helpful.
This e-course includes the following credits/points:
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) 0.5 CM Point
- Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists (CRBOH) 1.0 Maintenance Points (approval #2013-103)
On line — You will learn at your own pace and in your own environment. The course includes lots of examples, case studies and quizzes to enrich your learning. Each topic has links to Internet resources that you will find useful in your work. In addition, you can send questions to our subject specialists via our Inquiries Service.
A course manual is available to course participants in PDF format for $50. Contact Client Services to order your copy.
Registration for this course is provided online or by contacting Client Services or calling 1-800-668-4284.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are authoritative, useful, unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz — an international leader in e-learning development — to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.
This product is also available as part of our Due Diligence Package, a collection of e-courses and Health & Safety Publications.