|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
This course provides managers and supervisors with the information they need to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses, and to develop a safety culture in the workplace.
- Safety principles and risk management
- Rights and responsibilities of managers, supervisors and workers
- Hazard recognition and control measures
- Fire prevention and emergency preparedness
- Hazards and control measures for chemical, physical and biological hazards
- Ergonomics — practices to prevent musculoskeletal disorders
- Workplace inspection and accident investigation
- Developing and implementing effective workplace programs
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Find applicable OSH legislation
- Know your safety and health responsibilities
- Determine ways of meeting your OSH responsibilities
- Identify hazards and develop safe work practices
- Take leadership in developing and implementing an OSH program
- Understand consequences of non-compliance
- Occupational health nurses
- Anyone who wants to understand and improve workplace safety and health
Prior technical knowledge of safety and health is not a requirement. However, familiarity with workplace processes and practices is helpful.
This online course offers the following credits/points:
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) 0.5 CM Point (approval #11376)
- Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists (CRBOH) 1.0 Maintenance Points (approval #2013-104)
On line — You will learn at your own pace and in your own environment. The course includes lots of examples, case studies and quizzes to enrich your learning. Each topic has links to Internet resources that you will find useful in your work.
Registration for this course is provided online or by contacting Client Services or calling 1-800-668-4284.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field and reviewed by representatives from labor, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are authoritative, useful, unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz — an international leader in e-learning development — to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.