|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
This course provides a practical introduction to working safety with ladders (step, extension, and fixed ladders). The course focuses on the duties of the Ontario-based employee when using a ladder – inspection before use, proper set up of ladder, and how to work safely while on the ladder. Case studies and other examples are included to illustrate concepts, and the quizzes throughout the course as well as the exam help measure learning.
This course is intended to increase ladder safety awareness for use within Ontario workplaces and at home. It is appropriate for various work environments including manufacturing, municipalities, utilities, and office environments. It may be applicable in construction environments, although construction specific issues such as scaffolding are not covered in this e-course.
Developed by CCOHS in collaboration with WSPS, this course also features case studies, review quizzes, "Ask a Question", and access to resources from CCOHS and WSPS. Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- Types of ladders and their uses
- Ladder inspection
- Setting up various types of ladders
- Guidelines for safe ladder use within Ontario
- Storage and maintenance
Upon completion of this course you will know how to:
- Understand the different uses of ladders made from various materials
- Know how to inspect a ladder
- Know how to select the right ladder (height and material) for the job
- Know how to set up a ladder correctly
- Know how to work safely on a ladder
- Know how to store and maintain a ladder
- Find additional information on ladder safety
Average time to complete this course is about 45 minutes.
- People who use ladders at work (maintenance or light labour personnel), or at home
- Ontario supervisors with responsibilities to train personnel and make purchasing decisions
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
Registration for this course is provided online, or by contacting Client Services or calling 1-800-668-4284.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
CCOHS and the Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) have partnered to develop online e-courses specific to Ontario workplaces. WSPS offers other training, products and related services. For more information, visit http://www.healthandsafetyontario.ca/WSPS/cp2/eLearning.aspx.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.