|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
Every year in Canada, workers are injured or killed because equipment, machinery or processes were not properly locked out. Lockout is used during operations such as maintenance, repair, cleaning and replacement of machinery, during which normal control measures may not be working, and new hazards may occur.
The purpose of lockout is to identify and prevent the accidental release of "hazardous energy" that can result in workplace injuries and deaths.
- What is Hazardous Energy?
- Hazardous Energy Sources in the Workplace
- What is Lockout?
- Importance and Purpose of Lockout
- When to Lock Out
- How to Implement Lockout
- Elements of Hazardous Energy Control
- Training Requirements
Upon completion of this course you will know how to:
- Recognize hazardous energy sources and the potential for workplace injuries
- Understand what Lockout is and how it controls hazardous energy
- Know when Lockout should be used and how it should be done
- Recognize that workplace programs and training are needed in workplaces
Average time to complete this course is about 50-60 minutes.
- Managers, supervisors and workers who may encounter or have to control hazardous energy sources in the workplace.
- Facility managers, workplace committee members and others who may need general awareness of the controlling hazardous energy will benefit from this awareness course.
Electrical Hazards is recommended but is not a requirement.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.