Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are a potential risk for all sectors and occupations. They can cause discomfort, fatigue, pain, injury, and illness to workers. In fact, work-related musculoskeletal injuries are the most frequent type of lost-time injury and are the largest source of lost-time worker compensation costs in Canada.
This course is offered FREE of charge by CCOHS to promote awareness of this important issue, and complements the full e-course offering: MusculoSkeletal Disorders (MSDs): Prevention.
- What are work-related MSDs
- The three stages of musculoskeletal injuries
- Risk factors
- Common causes
- Prevention tips
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Know the main characteristics of work-related MSDs
- Learn common causes of MSDs
- Get practical tips about lifting and other manual material work
- Understand the importance of developing a prevention program
Average time to complete this course is about 20 minutes.
- All workers, including managers, supervisors and health and safety committee members
- Anyone wanting to learn more about musculoskeletal disorders
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.