|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
When developing an occupational health and safety (OH&S) program, many organizations ask, “Where do we start?” In this course, organizations of all sizes can learn how to build an effective program. Participants are introduced to the key elements of an OH&S program so that they can develop one that’s suitable for their organization and regulatory environment. The importance of senior management commitment and effort from all levels of the organization is also stressed, along with tips for fostering involvement.
The course also features case studies, review quizzes, and "Ask a Question". Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- Elements of an OH&S program
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment
- Basic hazard control methods
- Policy / management commitment
- Roles and responsibilities
- Continuous improvement
Upon completion of the course you will know how to:
- Describe at least four benefits of an effective OH&S program
- List the key elements of an OH&S program
- Take the essential first steps in developing a program
- Create an action plan to establish a successful OH&S program
- Explain how managers, supervisors, and front line employees can participate
- Access resources to build and maintain an OH&S program
Average time to complete this course is about 60 to 90 minutes.
- Managers and supervisors
- Health and safety committee members
- Human resources specialists
- Health and safety advisors
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.