|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
Workplace violence is a serious issue that affects all business sectors and occupations. It affects the safety and security of every employee and employer. It claims a high personal cost from the emotional trauma and physical injury experienced by the victims, their family and co-workers. It also brings a high cost to employers in terms of public image, increased absenteeism, lost productivity, high employee turnover, and increased insurance/compensation costs.
This course introduces managers, supervisors and employees to the key components of an effective workplace violence prevention program, providing them with knowledge and tools to take action to eliminate or minimize the potential for workplace violence.
- Defining the scope of workplace violence, including harassment
- Legal Obligations
- Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- Hazard Assessment
- Developing Preventive Measures
- Reporting and Investigating
- Emergency Response Planning
- Victim Assistance
- Incident Follow-up
- Training and Education
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the complexity of workplace violence and harassment
- Identify the components of a workplace violence prevention policy
- Identify requirements for implementing and maintaining a workplace violence prevention program
- Assess your workplace for violence hazards
- Identify violence prevention measures
- Identify incidents of workplace violence
- Recognize workplace violence response procedures
Average time to complete this course is about 90 minutes.
Managers, supervisors and workers involved in the development or implementation of a workplace violence prevention policy.
The related course Violence in the Workplace: Recognize the Risk and Take Action helps frontline supervisors and workers develop a clear understanding of what workplace violence is, what preventive measures can be taken and the importance of reporting incidents.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.
This product is also available as part of our Due Diligence Package, a collection of e-courses and Health & Safety Publications.