|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
This course provides an overview of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) system and helps promote awareness and good practice in all aspects of the TDG. Terms and concepts and the requirements of the Canadian TDG regulations are clearly explained.
Examples and quizzes reinforce learning. A record of completion is provided upon successful completion of the final exam.
- Introduction and overview of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) system
- The Act and Regulations, including training, classification, documentation, safety marks, means of containment and emergencies.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply and understand the purpose of the TDG Act and Regulations
- List company responsibilities under the Act and Regulations
- List employee responsibilities under the Act and Regulations
- Describe the main training and training certification requirements as they apply to road vehicle transport
Average time to complete this course is approximately 1.5 hours.
The course reflects Amendment 6 (February 2008) to the TDG Regulations, as well as Amendment 8 (June 2009) to the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, 1992.
Recommended as an overview for all employees.
Guidelines for Training Criteria:
Transport Canada has prepared guidelines to help understand the training requirements in Part 6 of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations. For further information on the guidelines, see http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/tdg/clear-part6-121.htm. The guidelines indicate what Parts of the Regulations should be included in a person's specific training.
This e-course covers the topics listed in Training Guideline A.
CCOHS offers three other TDG courses to meet your specific needs:
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods: A complete 8-module course designed for managers and supervisors, employees and others who need to know about and perform duties relating to TDG.
- TDG for Carriers: Intended for people who transport dangerous goods, which may include loading and unloading shipments.
- TDG for Consignors/Consignees: Intended for shippers and receivers.
Prior technical knowledge of the transportation of dangerous goods system is not a requirement. However, familiarity with practices in the transportation industry is helpful.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.