The CHEMINDEX database is a convenient tool for finding information on over 200,000 distinct chemical substances in the CCOHS database collection.
Search on CAS registry numbers, chemical names or name fragments.
When viewing search results:
- Click on the Synonym button to open a pop-up record showing the CAS number and complete list of synonyms.
- Click on the CAS registry number to perform a new search across the entire collection.
Records are in English.
- A quick and convenient way to find out which databases contain information on a specific chemical.
- Information on over 200,000 substances, including almost all chemicals in commerce.
- CAS registry numbers, chemical names and synonyms are extracted from authoritative sources such as CHEMINFO, RTECS®, HSDB®, and DSL/NDSL.
- Custom downloads of CHEMINDEX are available - contact Client Services for a quote.