This is just one in a series of online, interactive tools designed to help you build
an action plan that addresses the hazard and risks in your workplace.
Learn more about or view all OSH Essentials™
Slips and trips often result in falls on the same level, falls on steps and stairs, and falls on ramps and slightly raised work areas. Falling on the same level refers to slipping or tripping that causes a worker to fall towards a point on the same level as where the worker was originally situated. Falling on steps and stairs occurs while the worker ascends or descends the steps of a staircase. Falling on ramps and slightly raised work areas occurs while the worker is situated on these structures. Falls in any situation can cause a worker to impact on objects or surfaces in his or her surroundings, resulting in injuries.
This online resource will help you:
- Recognize and determine the hazards associated with slips and trips in your workplace
- Assess the risks of slips and trips
- Become familiar with and identify the applicable legislation by key sections of jurisdictions
- Review and select from various suggestions on how to control the recognized hazards and risks
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of your selected controls
- Directly access key resources for further information and guidance
Core Tool ($15) - access to the core information, checklists and action plan.
Core Plus One Jurisdiction ($20) - access to the core information, checklists and action plan, as well as key sections of relevant federal legislation plus one jurisdiction.
Core Plus ALL Jurisdictions ($25) - the fullest package including access to the core information, checklists and action plan as well as key sections of relevant federal legislation plus all jurisdictions.
- FREE client and technical support
- FREE subscription to LIAISON our online Products & Services eNewsletter.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher (IE 8 recommended)
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or higher
- Google Chrome 10.0 or higher
- Apple Safari 5.0 or higher
During the online purchasing process you will choose a user name and password (if you do not already have a WIS account) that you will then use to access your OSH Essential for the 30-day period. To access OSH Essentials select the Login button in the top right corner of this page. Your unlimited, 30-day, single-user access begins immediately upon completion of purchase. We will send confirmation of your account creation to the email address provided during purchase. If you wish to purchase more than one OSH Essential, you must add each title to your shopping cart separately.
TIP: We suggest that you bookmark this page for easy access to your OSH Essentials following your purchase.
Note: OSH Essentials is an online tool that you can use, save data to, and print pages from. It is not available as a print product.
Applicable taxes are added during Check Out.
Product Price and availability are subject to change without notice.
To order offline, visit our Pricing and Ordering Page.