Meet and exceed regulatory compliance requirements set by the Workplace Safety and Health Act in Manitoba.
OSH Works is Web-based service that will help your company develop, implement and maintain an occupational safety and health program, or improve upon your existing program. Developed in cooperation with Manitoba’s Workplace Safety and Health Division, this customized version of OSH Works delivers the framework and resource materials you need to understand and act on key occupational safety and health requirements. Ensure continual improvement of safety and health at your workplace with OSH Works on your side!
Put OSH Works into action to fulfill your safety and health requirements in Manitoba:
- Access a description of a Workplace Safety and Health Program, including key Manitoba legislation.
- Quickly tap into information and guidance for each of the required 11 Core Elements, including tools and resources, anytime.
- Assign responsibilities and accountabilities for implementing and maintaining the elements to the appropriate people, departments, and/or groups at your organization.
- Upload your workplace policies, procedures, records and other resources to one central online location, so that all workers enjoy convenient access.
- Assess your workplace safety and health program to ensure it is working effectively and meeting legislative requirements.
Using OSH Works can help you to:
- Demonstrate due diligence – OSH Works provides an overall framework to show what your company is doing to provide a safe and healthy workplace.
- Engage all workers – Managers, supervisors, and workers all understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Facilitate access to OSH resources – Documentation, including policies, procedures, reports, records, and checklists, can all be accessed from a secure, central location.
- Meet legislative requirements in Manitoba – Remain in compliance with the Workplace Safety and Health Act (R.S.M. 1987, c. W210), understand and meet the 11 Core Elements of a Workplace Safety and Health Program, and be consistent with the Government of Manitoba guidance materials.
OSH Works is an ideal tool for:
- Frontline supervisors
- Human resource professionals
- Safety and health managers/directors
- Senior executives
Working Together for Safer Workplaces
Manitoba’s Workplace Safety and Health Division has worked with CCOHS to customize OSH Works to help provide the framework for Manitoba companies to develop, implement and maintain a safety and health program in their workplaces.
"Manitoba companies will be able to use OSH Works to understand and meet the 11 core elements of a Workplace Safety and Health Program required for compliance with the Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act. OSH Works is another resource that will be available to help Manitoba companies develop and maintain active and effective safety and health systems."
- Don Hurst, Assistant Deputy Minister of Manitoba’s Workplace Safety and Health Division