Designed and written as a practical workplace training and reference tool. This 149-page pocket guide is filled with clear-language text including safety tips, charts, diagrams, checklists and illustrations.
This guide is intended to provide practical information for human resources professionals to:
- Integrate health and safety in human resources management;
- Respond to legislative health and safety requirements;
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and due diligence;
- Assist the employer in developing and implementing health & safety policies and programs;
- Identify employee training needs;
- Develop an effective return to work program for injured employees.
The guide covers all aspects of the implementation of a comprehensive health & safety management system relevant to human resources management. The main focus is the integration of health & safety within the framework of human resources management.
The guide is intended for human resources (HR) professionals. Human resources managers, HR coordinators, HR specialists, and other HR professionals will find this guide a useful reference in developing personnel management policies and practices.
Each publication produced by CCOHS undergoes several stages of review. As part of this review, representatives from government, employers, and labour are requested to comment on draft copies of CCOHS documents for technical accuracy and readability.
Although every effort is made to ensure accuracy and completeness of the information, it is understood that CCOHS makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of such information and assumes no liability for any damages or loss suffered as a result of any inaccuracy or incompleteness therein.