Designed and written as a practical workplace training and reference tool. This 154-page pocket guide is filled with clear-language text including safety tips, charts, diagrams, checklists and illustrations.
This is your guide to working safely in food preparation and food service workplaces. It will help you to:
- Recognize workplace hazards
- Prevent accident and injury through safe work practice and use of personal protective equipment
- Deal with accidents and emergencies
- Understand your duties and rights as given in occupational health and safety legislation
- Contact government departments to find health and safety information
This guide is for anyone who works in food preparation and food service organizations such as hotels, restaurants, catering facilities, commercial kitchens and fast food establishments. It's a handy work companion for workers, supervisors, managers, and health and safety committee members.
Each publication produced by CCOHS undergoes several stages of review. As part of this review, representatives from government, employers, and labour are requested to comment on draft copies of CCOHS documents for technical accuracy and readability.
Although every effort is made to ensure accuracy and completeness of the information, it is understood that CCOHS makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of such information and assumes no liability for any damages or loss suffered as a result of any inaccuracy or incompleteness therein.