Designed and written as a practical workplace training and reference tool. This 153-page pocket guide is filled with clear-language text including safety tips, charts, diagrams, checklists and illustrations.
This is your guide to working safely in a warehouse. It will help you to:
- recognize workplace hazards
- prevent accident and injury
- follow safe work practises
- select and use proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
- understand your duties and rights as given in the occupational health and safety legislation
- contact government departments to find health and safety related information
This guide is for anyone who works in warehouses, storage facilities, bulk stores and the transport industry. It is a handy companion for workers, supervisors, managers, occupational health nurses and health and safety committee members.
Each publication produced by CCOHS undergoes several stages of review. As part of this review, representatives from government, employers, and labour are requested to comment on draft copies of CCOHS documents for technical accuracy and readability.
Although every effort is made to ensure accuracy and completeness of the information, it is understood that CCOHS makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of such information and assumes no liability for any damages or loss suffered as a result of any inaccuracy or incompleteness therein.