This activity helps to demonstrate the importance of having a workstation that is at the right height. To work at this counter, this person must stoop. After 8 hours, it is likely that his back will ache.
While displaying the slide ask the class the following questions:
- What's wrong with this setup?
- Make two suggestions to correct the situation.
- The counter is too low - they have to bend their backs to reach the surface and the glass shelf is in their way.
- Raise the counter, if possible to eliminate bending.
- They have to reach too far for some items.
- Too crowded. Provide more space behind them.
- Use a chair or a stool to sit down