What should be remembered when setting up a storage area?
- Store materials at a convenient height.
- Leave the lowest shelf unused if necessary.
- Use vertically mobile shelves to avoid bending and overhead reaching.
- Use bin racks for storing small items.
- Store heavy and frequently used materials at waist height.
- Do not store materials at floor level.
- Use hand trucks with elevating devices in storage and loading areas.
- Use trucks with a tilting device to avoid bending.
- Use elevating platforms to avoid overhead reaching.
Document confirmed current on October 7, 2013
Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy, currency and completeness of the information, CCOHS does not guarantee, warrant, represent or undertake that the information provided is correct, accurate or current. CCOHS is not liable for any loss, claim, or demand arising directly or indirectly from any use or reliance upon the information.