Most of our lives are a combination of work, family and community involvement. A pandemic can affect all of these areas. Being informed and knowing what to do during a pandemic can help minimize the impact. This free course describes what a pandemic is, how an influenza virus spreads, and the impact a pandemic may have on workplaces, our communities and us.
This course complements the one-hour Pandemic Planning course which outlines how having a business continuity plan will reduce the impact of a pandemic on both the employees and organization.
- What is a pandemic?
- The influenza virus and how it spreads
- Being prepared
- What might happen
- What can we do?
- Staying healthy
- How to help stop the spread of the virus
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Know the main characteristics of an influenza (flu) pandemic
- Understand how the flu virus spreads
- Understand the impact of pandemic on your workplace, home and community
- Know ways to help stay healthy and reduce the spread of the virus
- Know how to be prepared at home and in your community
- Be able to find reliable information during a pandemic
Average time to complete this course is approximately twenty minutes.
- All workers, including supervisors and managers
- Anyone wanting to learn more about influenza pandemic
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
This course is offered free of charge
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.