|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
Falls from slips and trips are common workplace occurrences that can result in serious injuries and disabilities. This course offers guidance on how to prevent injuries in the workplace that are the result of slips, trips or falls from the same level. It provides workers, managers, supervisors and health and safety committees with practical information, tips and examples to help them to understand the causes of falls, and to take preventive measures.
The course focuses on the two most common types of falls: falls at the same level and falls on stairs. Fall hazards of these types exist in most workplaces including offices, service sector, manufacturing and construction.
- Basic cause of falls
- How slips and trips occur
- Roles of floor surfaces, stairs, walkways, housekeeping, obstructions, spills, and outdoor issues
- Worker and employer responsibilities
- Prevention of slip and trip hazards on surfaces and floors
- Prevention of slip and trip hazards on stairs
This course does not cover falls from heights or situations such as working on ladders.
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand the causes of slip, trip and fall accidents;
- Understand the importance of preventing falls;
- Know good housekeeping practices and methods that help prevent falls.
Average time to complete this course is about one hour.
- Workers - new and experienced
- Managers, supervisors
- Health and safety committees, facility managers
- Human resources and safety professionals with responsibilities for training and compliance
Prior technical knowledge of health and safety is not a requirement. However, familiarity with workplace processes and practices is helpful.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.