Designed and written as a practical training and reference tool, this 190-page pocket guide will help you establish a workplace health program (or enhance your existing program) by providing information, tips, charts, checklists and illustrations.
This is your guide to developing various workplace health, safety and wellness programs. Using the information in this booklet, you will be able to:
- Identify factors that influence the health, safety and wellness of employees.
- Conduct a general health survey.
- Develop a workplace health promotion program.
- Initiate various prevention and promotion strategies.
- Understand the interaction between wellness, safety and employee health.
- Apply a variety of initiatives to help encourage a comprehensive and complete balance between work and health.
- Promote education and training for workplace health.
- Identify relevant contacts for legislation and general health information.
This guide will assist in the development and implementation of workplace health and wellness programs. It is a practical guide with information designed for both the program leader and the workforce in general. Many of the tips and suggestions can be used as handouts for participants in employee training sessions.
This guide is written for anyone who wants to learn more about workplace health, wellness and occupational health and safety. It is especially useful to individuals involved in the initiation, development and implementation of workplace health and wellness programs.
Each publication produced by CCOHS undergoes several stages of review. As part of this review, representatives from government, employers, and labour are requested to comment on draft copies of CCOHS documents for technical accuracy and readability.
Although every effort is made to ensure accuracy and completeness of the information, it is understood that CCOHS makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of such information and assumes no liability for any damages or loss suffered as a result of any inaccuracy or incompleteness therein.