OSH Answers Fact Sheets
Easy-to-read, question-and-answer fact sheets covering a wide range of workplace health and safety topics, from hazards to diseases to ergonomics to workplace promotion. MORE ABOUT >
What should I know about grip aids?
Use gripping aids to lift or carry awkward loads that do not have handles. Various types are avalable including:
- Use lifting straps for cylindrical objects.
- Use carrying handles for boxes.
- Use a 'Gator grip' to handle awkward objects with sharp edges.
- Use vacuum lifters to handle sheet materials or plates.
- Use furniture straps to lift and move heavy, bulky objects.
- Position buckle between the body and the load.
- Keep body straight.
Document confirmed current on October 7, 2013
Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy, currency and completeness of the information, CCOHS does not guarantee, warrant, represent or undertake that the information provided is correct, accurate or current. CCOHS is not liable for any loss, claim, or demand arising directly or indirectly from any use or reliance upon the information.