Read the CHEMINFO story - 'of substance'
Interesting Chemical facts from the creators of the CHEMINFO database.
Produced by CCOHS' occupational health and safety specialists, CHEMINFO is one of the most comprehensive and up-to-date chemical occupational health and safety information resources available.
Chemical health and safety information for more than 1,700 important workplace chemicals.
Each chemical profile contains:
- detailed evaluation and description of health, fire and reactivity hazards
- control measures
- hazard classifications, including WHMIS, OSHA and the European Union (EU)
- recommendations on
- safe work practices
- handling and storage
- personal protective equipment
- accidental release
- first aid
CHEMINFO is ideal for:
- Employees working with chemicals
- Health and safety committee members
- MSDS writers, users and evaluators
- Product safety specialists
- Industrial hygienists
- Firefighters and emergency responders
- Occupational health nurses and physicians
Use CHEMINFO to:
- conduct workplace hazard assessments
- prepare chemical-specific training tools for your right-to-know program
- evaluate information provided on MSDSs
- write MSDSs
- develop respiratory protection and other PPE programs
- assist emergency responders
- develop first aid and medical programs
Subscription to CHEMINFO includes:
- FREE technical support
- bi-monthly e-newsletter Liaison
- Chemical Notification Service
MSDS Management Service
CHEMINFO is available as part of the MSDS Management Service that provides you with access to a customized collection of MSDSs specific to your workplace.
Attention Academic Institutions!
CHEMINFO is available through our Academic Support Program, a collection of CCOHS OSH databases, specially designed for colleges and universities, or other degree granting institutions.
Attention Labour Training Centres!
CHEMINFO is also available through our Labour Support Program, a tool to educate trainees about occupational health and safety and the importance of a safe and healthy working environment.