What are some safety tips for using post drivers?
- Ensure that all shields and guards are in place.
- Steady the post with a safety fork or guide to prevent injury if the post breaks or slips.
- Lower the hammer and shut off the engine when making adjustments or lubricating.
- Lower and lock hammer in place to prevent accidental movement.
- Do not place any part of your body between the hammer and the top of the post.
What are tips for using augers?
- Keep hair, clothing, hands and feet away from augers.
- Keep the area free of objects that may cause slips or falls.
- Shut off the engine and disengage the power before attempting to unclog the auger.
- Make sure all guards are in place, properly secured and functional.
- Watch for overhead powerlines when moving or towing augers.
- Do not use hands or feet to push material away from the auger.
What are tips for using mowers and blades?
- Ensure that all guards are in place.
- Ensure that the engine is shut off and all power disengaged before making repairs.
- Know how the blades operate and where they are located. Keep hands away from blades.
- Do not mow grass on slopes with an incline steeper than three to one.
- Do not cut with mower or blades on downhill side. Cut on the upside of a slope to maintain tractor stability.
- Do not remove materials when blade is running.
Document confirmed current on August 2, 2012
Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy, currency and completeness of the information, CCOHS does not guarantee, warrant, represent or undertake that the information provided is correct, accurate or current. CCOHS is not liable for any loss, claim, or demand arising directly or indirectly from any use or reliance upon the information.