Health and Safety Database Technician (1-Year Temporary)
File Reference Number: GE-038
Through its services and products, CCOHS advances health and safety in Canadian workplaces, and the physical and mental well-being of Canadians.
The General Health and Safety Service Unit provides a comprehensive service of information and supports work-related health and safety initiatives on all areas of workplace, health and safety (other than chemical safety) to improve the total health of the individual – mental, physical and psychosocial.
The GHSS Production team that manages the CANManage and Legislation service:
- Acquires, prepares and processes data for custom client safety data sheet collections in the MSDS database.
- Builds, maintains and updates the Safety Datasheet (SDS) database and CANManage (SDS Management Service).
- Manages assigned client collections which includes data acquisition, conversion of data, trouble-shooting, generating customized reports and quality assurance of the status of client collections.
- Tags documents within the Legislation service while conducting quality assurance to ensure accuracy.
- Converts documents into XML and proofing for inclusion in enviroOSH.
- Provides customer service and manages client expectations by:
- Understanding client requests and needs, and
- Troubleshooting client issues (e.g. errors in database).
- Strong knowledge of SDS Management and Legislation Services.
- Provides content-related customer service for the CANManage and Legislation Services.
- Notifies GHSS Supervisor to identify work overload or imposing conflicting demands.
- Share responsibility with the team to ensure that the service is comprehensive, accurate and timely to serve the needs of Canadians and reflects the high quality of products delivered by CCOHS.
- Time allocation is balanced based on Service Unit requirements but will always include a blend of CANManage and Legislation duties.
Within the range of
$53,862 to $67,328 (CCOHS-06) per annum.
Full-time, temporary, unionized position
Thursday, July 29, 2021
Quote File Reference Number: GE-038
Note: Attaining reliability security status is a condition of employment for all CCOHS positions.
This position is temporarily remote – future travel to facilities may be required.
All resumes are maintained confidential and are kept on file for a period of six months.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those under
consideration will be contacted.