January 25, 2016 – Hamilton, ON – Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) will host a two-day national event that will bring together subject experts, workers, employers, and governments to share their knowledge and experience around current and emerging health and safety issues.
CCOHS’ Forum 2016: The Changing World of Work will take place on February 29 and March 1, 2016, in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Forum 2016: The Changing World of Work will offer participants a unique opportunity to explore and understand the health and safety challenges emerging from changes in society, technologies, and work organization.
The program includes the following topics and speakers:
- Creating the Space to be Human - Globally recognized humanitarian advocate and former international president of Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders James Orbinski delivers the the keynote presentation
- Dealing with the Tsunami of Demographic Change - Acclaimed work-life balance researcher, writer, and speaker Dr. Linda Duxbury
- Human Factors/Performance - Dr. Todd Conklin, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Findings from the European Survey of Enterprises on New and Emerging Risks - Xabier Irastorza, European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA)
- Breakthrough Change in Workplace Health and Safety - Dr. Lynda Robson, Institute for Work and Health (IWH)
- Fully Participative Ergonomics - Troy Winters, Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE)
- Impact of Climate Change on Work - Dr. Carla Lipsig-Mummé, York University
- Sex and Gender: Why They Matter - Krystle van Hoof, Institute of Gender and Health (IGH)
- Calgary Police: Our Road to Mental Readiness - Theresa Shaw, Calgary Police Service
Innovation and Sponsorship Showcase
The Innovation and Sponsorship Showcase will feature health and safety innovations from the following organizations:
- European Survey of Enterprises on New and Emerging Risks (ESENER-2) - European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA)
- PainPoint Ergonomic App - Occupational Health Clinic for Ontario Workers (OHCOW)
- Working on Wellness (WoW) - BC Healthy Living Alliance
- Calgary Police Road to Mental Readiness Program - Calgary Police Service
- Gender, Work, and Health Research - CIHR Institute of Gender and Health
- Sun Safety at Work - School of Occupational and Public Health, Ryerson University in collaboration with National and provincial partners
The event is hosted by CCOHS with sponsorship by:
- Working on Wellness, led by the BC Healthy Living Alliance
- The Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE)
More information about the event including how to register is available at www.ccohs.ca/events/forum16.
- Forum 2016: The Changing World of Work will take place on February 29 and March 1, 2016, in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Forum 2016: The Changing World of Work, hosted by CCOHS, is a unique event in that it will have tripartite (government, labour and employers) delegate representation from across Canada
- Current and emerging workplace health and safety issues will be explored and discussed at the event to expose delegates to new ideas and new ways of thinking and stimulate creative solutions.
- Featuring expert speakers, panel discussions, interactive events, and an innovation and best practices showcase, the Forum is an opportunity for participants to collaborate on integrated, comprehensive approaches to total health and wellness at work.
- The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) is Canada's national resource for the advancement of workplace health and safety. CCOHS promotes the total well-being – physical, psychosocial, and mental health – of working people in Canada.