August 2, 2023 – Hamilton, ON – Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) will highlight a diverse lineup of health
and safety innovations and tools at Forum 2023: The Changing World
of Work, September 26-27, 2023, in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Innovation Showcase will feature seven programs:
- OHS Vulnerability Measure, by the Institute for Work and Health (IWH), measures the
extent to which a worker may be vulnerable to occupational health and safety risks at work.
- Psychologically Safe Team and Psychologically Safe Leader assessment tools, by
Workplace Strategies for Mental Health, compliments of Canada Life, help workplaces strengthen the
psychological health and safety of their teams and leadership strategies.
- Health and Safety Training for Indigenous Communities, by Ulnooweg Development
Group, shares examples of relevant health and safety training topics for Indigenous communities and
approaches for hazard and risk management and interventions.
- SUCCEED program, from WorkSafeNB, provides immediate care and support to workers
with a traumatic psychological injury.
- Nova Safe App, from the Government of Nova Scotia, provides employers, supervisors
and workers with access to safety information and regulatory requirements on any device.
- International Migrant Worker Health and Safety Supports, from C.A.R.E. for International
Workers Program, assists temporary foreign workers (international guest workers) understand and exercise
their rights, and supports their overall health and wellness.
- Silica Control Tool, Pilot Program for Construction Industry, is a web-based
occupational disease prevention tool co-developed by the Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers (OHCOW).
More information about Forum 2023: The Changing World of Work is available at