April 10, 2018 – Hamilton, ON – Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) announced today the judges for the national component of the Focus on Safety Youth Video Contest, which challenges youth across Canada to use their creativity to develop an original video that illustrates the importance of working safely on the job.
This year’s judging panel consists of industry experts representing labour, workplace tragedy victims and their families, communities, and youth including:
- Steve Podborski - President and CEO, Parachute
- Shirley Hickman - Executive Director, Threads of Life
- Denis St. Jean - Director of Health and Safety, Public Service Alliance of Canada
- Diandra Budd – CCOHS’ 2017 Scholarship Recipient
More information about the judges and the national Focus on Safety Youth Video Contest can be found at www.ccohs.ca/youngworkers/video_contest.html.
- The national contest is sponsored by CCOHS; CCOHS also contributes to the prizes for the provincial and territorial contest winners.
- Contestants and their affiliated organizations/institutions (schools) have an opportunity to win cash prizes, provincial/territorial and national recognition. National entrants are also eligible to win the Fan Favourite award.
- The winning videos from each of provincial/territorial contests are entered into the national contest.
- The first place video at the Canadian finals will win $2,000, second place will receive $1,500 and third place will receive $1,000. Each winning school or institution will also receive a matching prize.
- Winning videos will be showcased during the national launch of North American Occupational Safety and Health Week (NAOSH) in May 2018.