March 9, 2023 – Hamilton, ON – Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) is hosting a free webinar, Climate Change: Workplace Impacts to explore how climate change affects both our physical and mental health and safety in the workplace.
Climate change can have far-reaching impacts on the environment, the physical workplace, and workers. This webinar will present potential threats, plus measures to prevent possible hazards in the workplace. Discussions will also include how to facilitate safe work under the altered conditions of climate change.
The webinar is intended for anyone interested in understanding the connection between climate change and the world of work, including health and safety professionals and committee members, managers, supervisors, and employers.
The line-up of speakers includes:
- Katharina van Bronswijk, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, Psychologists for Future
- Joanna Eyquem, Managing Director on Climate-Resilient Infrastructure, Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation, University of Waterloo
- Anne Tennier, President and CEO, Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
The presentation will be webcast live on Wednesday, March 22, 2023, from 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. EDT and French audio interpretation will be available. Participants not able to attend the event will be given access to a recording of the webinar after the live webcast. Interested participants can find more information about this event and the speakers at: http://bit.ly/3SFFBA7.
- Climate Change: Preparing for Climate Related Emergencies
- Climate Change, Extreme Weather and the Workplace
- A Climate for Health and Safety Change