March 1, 2019 – Winnipeg, MB – Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) will host its national event, Forum 2019: The Changing World of Work (The Forum), on March 5 and 6, 2019, in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Forum will feature the following special guests and highlights:
- Opening ceremonies and welcome by Barbara Nepinak and Clarence Nepinak, Pine Creek Ojibway First Nation.
- Remarks and greetings by Anne Tennier, President and Chief Executive Officer, CCOHS.
- Keynote address by Nikolas Badminton, Futurist: presenting on artificial intelligence and how work will change over the next 5, 10, 15 years and beyond.
- Lionel Laroche, Cross-Cultural and Diversity Expert and President of MultiCultural Business Solutions Manager will offer guidance on how to bridge cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Steve Tizzard, Radio Operator, Hibernia will take delegates on a journey to the Hibernia Platform, where in the past five years it has evolved to an actively caring facility, giving mental health an equal seat at the safety table.
- Audrey Gilbeau, Executive Director, Nokiiwin Tribal Council will share their holistic approach in which the health and safety of the workplace, community, and individuals are fully intertwined.
- Nora Spinks, CEO, the Vanier Institute of the Family tackles the changing needs of workers and the availability and effectiveness of workplace supports for working caregivers.
- Darby Allen, retired Fort McMurray Fire Chief will share his story of how he lead his team through one of the worst wildfires in Canadian history.
DATE & TIME:
- Day 1: Tuesday, March 5, 2019: 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CST
- Day 2: Wednesday, March 6, 2019: 8:15 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. CST
Delta Hotels by Marriott Winnipeg
350 St Mary Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3C 3J2
Full program details can be found on the CCOHS website: www.ccohs.ca/forum.
- The Forum is a unique event in that it will have tripartite (government, labour and employers) delegate representation from across Canada.
- Forum features an Innovation Showcase of 8 programs and tools to advance workplace health and safety, and that are freely available.
- Forum sponsors include Unifor, SAFE Work Manitoba, University of New Brunswick (UNB), Great-West Life Centre for Mental Health in the Workplace, and the United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW Canada).
- CCOHS is Canada's national resource for the advancement of workplace health and safety. CCOHS promotes the total well-being – physical, psychosocial, and mental health – of working people in Canada.
- CCOHS is governed by a tripartite Council of Governors.
- National Forum Addresses the Impacts of the Changing World of Work
- National Forum Explores New and Emerging Health and Safety Challenges