September 20, 2023 – Halifax, NS – Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) will host its national event, Forum 2023: The Changing World of Work (Forum), on September 26 and 27, 2023 in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Forum is a unique two-day national workplace health and safety event that will bring leaders, changemakers, and experts representing government, labour, and workplaces together to discuss the impacts of current and emerging health and safety issues.
Speakers will share inspiring stories, perspectives, and comprehensive approaches on topics such as the future of work, climate change, diversity and inclusion, and international workers. The event will also feature an Innovation Showcase of free programs and tools to create positive change in the workplace.
DATE AND TIME:
Day 1: Tuesday, September 26, 2023: 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ADT
Day 2: Wednesday, September 27, 2023: 8:15 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. ADT
The Westin Nova Scotian
1181 Hollis St, Halifax, NS B3H 2P6
More information is available at: www.ccohs.ca/forum.
- Forum sponsors include Unifor, Nova Scotia Department of Labour, Skills and Immigration – Safety Branch, United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW Canada), and Workplace Strategies for Mental Health compliments of Canada Life.
- Forum is being held in Halifax, which is located on Mi’kmaw territory, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq people. The people of the Mi’kmaw Nation have lived on this territory for millennia, and we acknowledge them as the past, present, and future caretakers of this land.
- CCOHS is governed by a tripartite council of governors and is Canada's trusted source for the advancement of workplace health and safety and promotes the total well-being – physical, psychosocial, and mental health – of working people in Canada.
- Speakers Highlight the Changing World of Work at National Forum in Halifax
- Health and Safety Innovations Help Address the Changing World of Work at National Forum