June 29, 2021 – Hamilton, ON – Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) has developed a free online course to help organizations in Canada conduct a COVID-19 workplace risk assessment and safety plan.
COVID-19 Workplace Risk Assessment and Safety Plan is available in English and French. The course outlines the steps needed to plan and conduct a COVID-19 workplace risk assessment, and to plan and evaluate a workplace safety plan.
Managers, supervisors, and health and safety committee members or representatives will learn the work and personal factors to consider when assessing and preventing the risk of exposure, reviewing a safety plan to ensure it is effective, and keeping up to date with current COVID-19 guidelines.
COVID-19 Workplace Risk Assessment and Safety Plan is available on the CCOHS website.
- The average time to complete this course is approximately 20 minutes.
- CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers, and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
- Risk Assessments Fact Sheet
- Sample Risk Assessment Form
- Controlling COVID-19 in the Workplace Infographic
- COVID-19 Health and Safety Resources