The best way to handle a bag depends on its size, weight, stability, and how far it is to be carried.
When lifting, remember to:
- Straddle the end of the bag.
- Bend the hips and knees.
- Keep the back straight.
- Use a secure grip.
- Grasp the bag with both hands under the closer end. Keep elbows inside the thighs.
- Lean forward, straightening the knees to set the bag upright.
- Readjust the straddle position moving feet closer to the bag.
- Readjust the grasp, with one hand clasping the bag against the body and the other under it.
- Stand up by thrusting off with the back leg and continuing in an upward and forward direction.
- Lift the bag up with the knee while straightening the body.
- Do not twist your body.
- Put the bag on the shoulder opposite the knee used to thrust the bag up.
- Stabilize the bag on the shoulder.
- Begn moving without bending sideways.