Make sure you have and wear personal protective equipment including:
- approved respirator
- eye protection
Refer to SDSs and follow precautions for all products used, especially isocyanates. Refer to standards and regulations for more information.
- Ensure fire escape doors from paint room are clear before painting.
- Use only properly grounded spray paint equipment.
- Check the pressure gauge on the compressor periodically. Do not allow the pressure to exceed the recommended level.
- Ensure that ventilation filters are not blocked.
- Clean and replace respirator filters regularly.
- Allow the ventilation system to run several minutes before turning on the heat lamps.
- Store no more than one day's supply of paint near the spray area.
- Do not spray paint near grinding or welding operations or any source of ignition.
- Do not paint with heat lamps on.
- Do not use compressed air to blow debris or to clean dirt from clothes.