- Start a cut with the infeed table (front shoe) resting firmly on the stock and with the cutter head slightly behind the edge of the stock.
- Use two hands to operate a planer - one hand on the trigger switch and the other on a front handle.
- Do not put your finger or any object in a deflector to clean out chips while a planer is running.
- Disconnect the power supply when stopping to dump out chips.
- Do not set a planer down until blades have stopped turning.
- Stand on the side of the planer near the controls. Never stand behind stock when being fed into the planer.
- Keep all cords clear of cutting area.
- Do not overreach. Keep proper footing and balance.
Refer to Powered Hand Tools - Basic Safety for Electric Tools for general safety tips.