MMH - Handholds on Load and Gripping Aids - II
On this page
What should I know about grip aids?Back to top
Gripping aids are used to lift or carry awkward loads that do not have handles. Various types are available, depending on the task, including:
- Use lifting straps for cylindrical objects.
- Use carrying handles for boxes.
- Use a 'Gator grip' to handle awkward objects with sharp edges.
- Use vacuum lifters to handle sheet materials or plates.
- Use furniture straps to lift and move heavy, bulky objects.
- Position buckle between the body and the load.
- Keep body straight.
- Fact sheet confirmed current: 2018-09-28
- Fact sheet last revised: 2002-10-22