MMH - Handholds on Load and Gripping Aids - II
On this page
Gripping aids are used to lift or carry awkward loads that do not have handles. For more information on grip, please see MMH - Handholds on Load and Gripping Aids - I.
Various types of grip aids are available depending on the task, including:
- Lifting straps for cylindrical objects.
- Carrying handles for boxes.
- A 'Gator grip' to handle awkward objects with sharp edges.
- Vacuum lifters to handle sheet materials or plates.
- Furniture straps to lift and move heavy, bulky objects.
- Position the buckle between the body and the load.
- Keep body straight.
- Fact sheet last revised: 2023-07-26