MMH - Layouts for Storing
What should be remembered when setting up a storage area?
- Store materials at a convenient height.
- Leave the lowest shelf unused if necessary.
- Use vertically mobile shelves to avoid bending and overhead reaching.
- Use bin racks for storing small items.
- Store heavy and frequently used materials at waist height.
- Do not store materials at floor level.
- Use hand trucks with elevating devices in storage and loading areas.
- Use trucks with a tilting device to avoid bending.
- Use elevating platforms to avoid overhead reaching.
Document last updated on September 13, 2002
Document confirmed current on December 20, 2018