"Team handling" occurs when more than one person is involved during the lift.
- Use team lifting and carrying where other solutions are inappropriate.
- Remember that the combined strength of the team is less than the sum of individual strength.
- Select team members of similar height and strength.
- Assign a leader to the team.
- Determine a set of commands to be used such as "lift", "walk", "stop", "down". Make sure that everyone knows what to do when they hear the command.
- Follow the commands given by the team leader.
- Practice team lifting and carrying together before attempting the task.