Layout or organization of the work area which allows materials to be handled without excessive bending, twisting and stretching reduces injuries.
- Have all materials at work level.
- Use adjustable elements at the workplace.
Workbench with adjustable height and tilt improves working position.
Self-adjusting platform automatically matches worker's height.
- Ensure that there is enough room to turn around to prevent twisting.
- Use adjustable supports or suspenders to operate heavy tools.
Tool suspender reduces muscular effort and compression on the back.
Tool support eliminates over-stretching and overreaching.
- Use bins that allow easy access.
Lift-and-tilt device and side opening on bin reduces bending.