As a parent of a son or daughter entering the workforce, there are many things you can do to make sure they are well prepared.
The first day on the job can be nerve wracking - both for your child and for you. Start by checking out these resources - they’ll arm you with the information you need to help your young worker stay healthy and safe while on the job.
- Stand Up 2 Bullying: Tips for parents to help prevent and stop bullying (from the Canadian Red Cross).
- What Laws Apply to You? – It all depends on your job’s location and the nature of your work.
- Helping Hands – Volunteering? You face the same hazards as a paid employee.
- Parents…It’s Your Responsibility – Exactly where do your responsibilities start and end?
- Spread the Word – Posters, video clips, games and quizzes on workplace health & safety.
- Looking for More? – Other reliable sources of health & safety info.
- Now What? – Advice and direction on handling things that happen at work.