Some of the main duties of sales and service personnel in stores, hotels and other locations are to:
- Greet customers and discuss details of the transaction.
- Provide information to customers about products and services.
- Determine method of payment, and prepare bills, invoices and other documents.
- Assemble displays of merchandise.
- Maintain inventory of merchandise.
- Maintain internal record-keeping systems.
- Working with computers, bar readers and other electronic devices.
- Be aware of customer actions while on the premises (e.g., be alert to potential issues or acts of theft).