Produce quality MSDSs that provide clear and accurate chemical safety information.
Affordable and easy to use, CANWrite helps you meet the challenge of writing and maintaining accurate, understandable, and compliant MSDSs.
- Produces 16-section MSDSs in accordance with ANSI Standard Z400.1-2004.
- Detailed OSHA hazard determination worksheet, WHMIS classification worksheet, and WHMIS audit tool included.
- Meets the MSDS requirements for Canada and the United States
- Facilitates easy updating, by auto-populating key ingredient-based information, such as exposure guidelines, toxicological and ecological information.
- Provides seamless access to credible online chemical hazard and regulatory information databases, including CHEMINFO, HSDB, and RTECS®, to assist you in writing an accurate MSDS.
- Links key hazards to appropriate hazard controls and emergency response measures using built-in logic.
- Ensure your MSDSs are consistent, reliable, and understandable to a broad audience by providing a large library of clear language phrases.
- Provides phrases for important, but often overlooked, hazards such as combustible dusts.
- Facilitates translation by automatically generating standardized phrases in Canadian French and Latin American Spanish.
- Allows you to author multiple MSDSs for similar products using the MSDS template option.
Why Buy CANWrite™
Efficiently maintain your MSDSs with CANWrite
- Update exposure limits once in your Ingredient Sheets and all linked MSDSs and templates will be automatically updated.
- Quickly identify MSDSs due for updating.
- Quickly find MSDSs containing specific ingredients that require modification.
- Receive alerts to new and/or changed information for your product's ingredients via CCOHS' Chemical Notification Service.
Easily customize your MSDSs with CANWrite
- Add your company logos and other company specific information.
- Modify field headings as required.
- Add custom phrases to suit your needs.
CANWrite is competitively priced
- CANWrite offers many key features that are typically only found in much higher priced software. One such feature is that CANWrite's standardized phrases are generated in English, Canadian French and Latin-American Spanish simultaneously – saving you significant MSDS translation costs.
- Straight forward pricing – there are no hidden costs.
Access unparalleled client support
- A team of CCOHS specialists in chemistry, toxicology, industrial hygiene, and information science and computer systems are on hand to provide advice and technical assistance to help you get the most out of CANWrite.
CANWrite helps you to comply with American and Canadian requirements
- Write one MSDS for both Canadian and US markets.
- Use the WHMIS classification and OSHA hazard determination worksheets to complete an accurate hazard assessment, critical to writing accurate MSDSs.
- Use the WHMIS audit tool to verify that all WHMIS-required information is present.
- Protect trade secrets in a manner fully compliant with Canadian and US law.
Note: CANWrite's flexibility allows its format to be adapted to make it suitable for MSDS/SDS requirements of other jurisdictions.
Download the Why Buy CANWrite™ flyer.
I am new to writing MSDSs. Can CANWrite help me get started?
CANWrite provides a wealth of information including tips, helpful resources and information on how to complete each MSDS data field, section-by-section. The CANWrite authoring order was designed to facilitate the logical, step-by-step authoring of MSDS content.
What database engine do I require to run CANWrite?
The database engine used is Microsoft SQL Server, version 2005. SQL Server will install on your computer during the CANWrite installation if you do not currently have SQL Server on your system.
Can I save an MSDS as a Microsoft Word document?
Yes, your MSDS can be exported as an RTF or TXT document, which are both supported by Microsoft Word. You can also export your MSDS in PDF and HTML formats.