|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
Noise is a common health hazard in the workplace. Exposure to loud noise can cause stress, and make it difficult for people to talk over the noise. Prolonged exposure to excessive levels of noise can result in permanent hearing loss. This course provides an introduction to noise in the workplace and explains some of the technical basics of noise. The main focus of the course is hearing loss prevention and the ways to eliminate or reduce noise exposure.
The course features case studies, review quizzes, and "Ask a Question". Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- Noise in our World and Workplaces
- How Noise Affects our Health and Well-being
- Components of a Hearing Loss Prevention Program
- Prevention Strategies:
- Make the workplace quieter
- Protect workers’ hearing
- Administrative practices
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how noise can damage hearing
- Recognize situations when noise levels may be hazardous
- Describe the main components of a hearing loss prevention program
- Plan, select and use hearing protectors
- Identify methods of controlling workplace noise exposure
Average time to complete this course is approximately 1 hour.
- Managers and supervisors
- Health & safety committee members
- Human resources / disability management personnel
- Health & safety advisors.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.